My Digital Marketing Portfolio
Hello, I’m Rob and I live in Ypsilanti, Michigan. I’m a multi-skilled digital marketer with B2B and B2C marketing experience.
What I can do for you
- Creative marketing ideas, planning & execution
- Creating sales pages, including copy, layout & graphics
- Social media growth strategy
- Playing bass in your band
Copywriting • Graphic Design • Adobe Illustrator • Photoshop • Indesign • Web Design • HTML/CSS • WordPress • Woocommerce • Elementor • SEO • Ahrefs • Google Workspace • Google Analytics • Google Search Console • Social Media • Buffer • Agorapulse • Hashtag Research • Lead Generation • Email Marketing • Mail Chimp • Klavyio • Python(novice) • After Effects(novice)
Projects I've Managed at LPD
Resurrecting Aria Pro II Guitars
- Our team grew Aria’s dealer network from 20 stores in 2019 to over 160+ dealers currently
- Started @aria.pro.ii to promote the guitar brand. Grew it from 0 to 1600+ organically
- I have a plan to get it to 10k+ through influencer marketing, giveaways, & paid social media campaigns
- Created a product pages for Aria Acoustics and Aria Pro II electrics
- Wrote product description copy for all Aria Guitars
- Helped to bring new SB 1000 basses back to the USA
- Created fill-able order form for Aria’s 2021 models
- Designed a print magazine ad
- Rebuilt LPD’s website, it’s now more user and mobile friendly
- Oversaw the migration of lpdmusic.com to secure server
- Configured SEO and increased organic web traffic to lpdmusic.com by 315%
- Increased site load speed by 35%
- Created product pages for Aria acoustic guitars, Aria Pro II, and Paracho Elite mariachi instruments
- Created closeout webpages pages for Sparrow, Fret King & Vintage guitars
- These pages have helped sell over 180 new old stock guitars
- I designed the web pages, took all photos, and wrote the copy
- Rebuilt the dealer portal by splitting the catalog into sections, allowing dealers to find what they need faster
- Added exclusive brand price sheets and created stock photo media galleries for the dealers
- Discovered the website had been hacked before I started, laid out steps to fix it
- Corrected a spam email problem. Configured spam protection implementing DMARC, DKIM, and SPF records
- Put together a plan for an e-commerce back end that would allow dealers to place their orders online, rather than through phone and email
Automation of MAP Price Enforcement
- Conceptualized, built, and deployed a python script saving the LPD sales team 800+ hours per year
- The script checks the Minimum Advertised Price of Danelectro & Aria products on major reseller platforms
- In only 10 minutes, this script loops through all Danelectro products, then exports any MAP violations to a CSV file
- The offenders are contacted to keep the prices stable and competitive for all of LPD’s dealers
Maintaining LPD's Wholesale Catalog
- Rebuilt LPD’s 283 page catalog that had been touched by many hands
- Fixed a broken table of contents
- Cleaned up sloppy design, inconsistency issues
- Generating both wholesale and consumer versions of the catalog
- Constantly adding and removing products
- Designing page layouts for new products
- Created grey white tables for easy and accurate scanning
- Generated 800+ qualified leads from LPD’s Instagram page
- Grew @lpdmusic from 109 followers to 1400+
- Created a guitar giveaway contest that added 700+ followers and generated qualified 120+ qualified leads
- Gained visibility with self-created social media content for Danelectro’s (118k) and Aria’s (17k) official social media pages
- Created cross promo content pairing Right On! Guitar Straps with Danelectro and Aria guitars. These posts have been shared on Danelectro, Aria, and Right On! Straps official social media pages
1 Effin’ Ink (2017-2018)
An Experiment in Web Design, Marketing, & Screen Printing
I built a full e-commerce website for my print business. Clients could upload artwork, design shirts, and place orders entirely through the website. I drove traffic to the site exclusively through influencer marketing.
The experience I’ve gained wearing every hat in a business, gives me a different perspective than the average graphic designer, web developer, or marketer. I know what it’s like to have your name on the product. I treat everything I create for you as if it was for my own business.
Shirt Razor (2014-2017)
Screen Printing Business I operated with a Co-Owner
Running every aspect of a print business taught me a lot! Marketing to attract new clients, clearly communicating to ensure a perfect order, correctly ordering job materials, preparing and or creating artwork for press, counting in shirts, the actual print process, quality control, recounting tees, delivering them to the customer ON TIME, billing, asking for referrals and repeat!
This business was doing great, but the physical grind of printing was wearing me out. In 2016, I started making plans for a career change. I began learning HTML/CSS, WordPress/Woocommerce, along social media best practices.
Grip Gear/GG Printing (2009-2013)
In 2009, I had an idea for a shirt with grips on the front, sleeves and sides that helped warehouse workers secure goods as they filled orders. I was granted a utility patent for this concept. US20100229278A1 My patent has been cited as prior art by companies like NIKE, UNDER ARMOUR, & COLUMBIA SPORTSWEAR.
Taking this idea to market gave me a crash course in starting a business.
I learned how to:
- Write a complete business plan
- Prepare for national trade shows
- My first exposure to writing copy, designing sales pages, & creating brochures.
Ultimately I was too inexperienced and under capitalized to bring this product to market. I learned many valuable lessons from this experience.
Touring Musician/Merica Printing (2005-2013)
Wish I still had that hair haha
As a touring musician I helped book tours and promote albums. While on the road I gained experience working with different personalities, in close quarters(tour van, no trailer) to reach common goals.
During this time, I started screen printing to increase the profitability of our merch. I networked with other bands and made money between tours printing for them.
We toured the USA 8 times with many weekend runs in between. The longest tour was 45 day self booked run through 43 different states.