The Resume of Rob Bates
Hello, I’m Rob and I live in metro Detroit. I like to write copy, coordinate social media, design graphics, and work on websites. My goal is to increase your brand’s awareness, generate leads, assist your sales team, and make you look good.
What I can do for you!
- Creating sales pages, including layout, copy, and images
- Building, improving, and optimizing your website
- Increasing your social media presence
- Designing your logo and branding
- Creating and editing graphics
- Develop your SEO strategy
- Play bass in your band
LPD Music is a wholesale musical instrument distributor.
Since Jan 2019, I’ve:
- Generated 800+ leads for the sales team from Instagram
- Increased organic web traffic by 315%
- lpdmusic.com ranks #1 on Google for terms like “music wholesale, musical instrument distribution, music wholesale distributor, music store distributors, music instruments distributor”
- Fixed and secured a company-wide spam email problem
- Installed SSL security lock on their site
- Revamped LPD’s website, it’s now more user friendly, and mobile responsive
- Increased site speed by 35% with properly sized/compressed images and caching
- Added email collection to LPD’s website, for lead generation
- Built product pages for Aria, Aria Pro II, and Paracho Elite guitar brands
- Using hashtag research, I’ve had IG posts accumulate almost 10,000 impressions
- I’ve taken hundreds of photos for LPD’s website, catalog, and social media pages
- Content I’ve created has been used by @danelectro_offical (97k IG followers)
My latest work for LPD
Sales pages for Aria Acoustic Guitars.
I designed the layout, built the pages, edited the graphics, took the product photos, and wrote all the copy for each acoustic guitar.
Graphic design and photography for LPD
Content I've created that's been used by Danelectro
My band, we play original music around the midwest.
Currently planning a content strategy for the release of our first full length record.
- Content posted daily across Instagram/Facebook/Youtube/TikTok
- “About the album” corresponding podcast
- Monthly single releases
- Monthly acoustic live streams
- Drum lesson series
- Regional tour dates
- Constructed our website
- Created our logo
- Designed gig posters
- Contribute to the songwriting process
- Handle all booking of shows
Squared Circle Revue (2018)
SCR only happens twice a year. This almost indescribable show has been a treat to work with.
1 Effin Ink (2017-2018)
An experiment in web design, marketing, and screen printing
I built a full e-commerce website for my print business. Clients could upload artwork, design shirts, and place orders entirely through the website. I drove traffic to the site exclusively through influencer marketing. One ink’s Instagram following grew from 150 followers to 2500 in less than a year.
I genuinely enjoyed the process of web design and growing social media platforms. As the business started to grow, I grew tired of the shirt industry. In 2018, I sold my screen printing business and went into freelance marketing/web design.
The experience I’ve gained wearing every hat in a business, gives me a different perspective than the average graphic designer, web developer, or marketer. I know what it’s like to have your name on the product. I will treat everything I create for you as if it was for my own business.
Instagram process post that did really well
Shirt Razor (2014-2017)
Screen printing business I ran with a co founder
Running every aspect of a print business taught me a lot! Marketing to attract new clients, clearly communicating to ensure a perfect order, correctly ordering job materials, preparing and or creating artwork for press, counting in shirts, the actual print process, quality control, recounting tees, delivering them to the customer ON TIME, billing, asking for referrals and repeat!
This business was doing great, but the physical grind of printing was wearing me out. In 2016, I started learning HTML/CSS, WordPress/woocommerce, and social media best practices.
American Awards and Engraving (2013-2019)
My family’s business for over 25 years
I worked there part time as a graphic designer. I created all sorts of custom plaques and trophies for a wide range of customers. I made awardsbrighton.com They sold the business in the spring of 2019 to retire.
Grip Gear/GG Printing (2009-2013)
In 2009, I had an idea I eventually patented. Taking this idea to market gave me a crash course in business. Writing a business plan, preparing for national trade shows, creating brochures and sales pages, etc. That idea didn’t pan out, but the experience was extremely valuable. I continued to print shirts while working on my invention.
Downtown Brown/Merica Printing (2005-2013)
As a touring musician I helped book tours and promote albums. While on the road I gained experience working with different personalities to reach common goals. During this time, I started screen printing to make our merch more profitable. I was able to network with other bands and make money between tours handling their printing needs. We toured the USA 8 times. The longest run was 45 day self booked run through 43 different states.